Thursday, November 7, 2013

WHERE'S MY MENU GUIDE

Yesterday, I received a gift from an associate from the West Coast. Truly, extremely thoughtful.  I was overwhelmed with appreciation as I work in a very unappreciated business. It was personally delivered by one of the visiting personnel from their office. She flew in on the red eye and, without a pause, came directly to our offices to deliver goodies. Greatly appreciated. I can't express that enough. It was a box of chocolate truffles from the local chocolatier.  Someone knows my vice!  Another goodie recipient received a box of lollipops from the same chocolatier.  There were four different types in the filled box - butterscotch, vanilla, chocolate [I forgot the 4th].  We traded a few. :)




While I maybe a choco-holic, there are chocolate combinations that are not pleasing to my taste buds.  Par example, I am not fond of white chocolate in any shape or form; particularly, when combined with other flavors (ie lemon or coconut).   Peanut butter and chocolate is also on the 'never will eat' list. Nope. No Reeses for this girl - EVER!  

What this box lacks is a menu guide!  Ludicrous! Furthermore, I am not alone who is dismayed by the lack of the menu.  I have shared my box of brown gold with fellow co-workers. They have tipped and turned the box upside down and inside out searching for the ever most important menu of flavors and combinations. 

Visual: Imagine a few indulgents [can that word be used as a noun] circling the box with graceful attempts to decipher the interior flavors.  All of which, are now, a surprise. Anyone have allergic reactions to nuts, for example... The discussion becomes endless, then ridiculous, then we suck it up and eat them, for pete's sake. 

Thankfully, when it comes time to ease the work stress [hence, the need for chocolate] and the chosen piece that ends up on the unappealing list, we have our officer 'eater' to come to the rescue and eats the remainder of the piece.  I hate wasting food.

Not to be repetitious, I just simply want to say, Thank you, again, K!

No comments:

Post a Comment