Saturday, November 16, 2013

BEACH RAT TO FARM GIRL - GOOD QUESTION

It's mid-november and I have finally been able to hop in the car and hit the road for my fall foliage driving tour.  Perhaps, a bit late, but with a few leaves clinging for life on the tree limbs I am still able to enjoy a few colorful views, apple cider, pies and sweater weather.

Before the jaunt into the wilderness I filled up with the most delicious sliders that ever passed over my taste buds.  I can't express how delicious these burgers were going down. I was speechless. To speak to anyone while enjoying these sliders would have ruined the dining experience.  Not fine dining by all means.  My 'cream' soda bottle balanced atop an orange traffic cone while my cardboard container [holding the second slider] sat on the ground with me squatting over a napkin protecting my white cords and blouse from the oozing juices of the burger.  

This gourmet food truck needs to be put on everyone's 'to do' list. We found it in Pawtucket at the indoor farmer's market located in the old warehouses on Hope Street.


www.rocketstreetfood.com
OOO!  Nearly neglected to mention - I devoured two 'Parisienne' sliders. Caramelized onions, gruyere, and black angus beef burgers.  YUMMY!

Ready to roll.  The journey began in Pawtucket and continued to Attleboro, Cumberland, Lincoln, Glocester, Scituate returning through Providence eventually bringing me home to my petit villa.  Of course, there were towns en route that I had never been to nor heard of in the state that is only 37 miles wide and 48 miles long, but claiming 460 miles of coastline. 

One of the highlights of the tour was a small farm selling local fresh pies, pastries and breads.  Mapleville Farm.  Where else would that be located, but in Mapleville, RI.  The cafe is owned and operated by [4] young adult siblings. Two sisters and two brothers that I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with today.  I spent $51 on their treats.  It was my pleasure. As I sit here writing humbly at my desk sipping tea, I am enjoying one of the jam cookies.  What a treat. I can't wait for more. 



Siblings front: Casey, Emma; back: Ben, Mike


To the left of the entrance is a fenced area with sheep and goats.  To the right is the construction of a greenhouse the brothers are building.  There aren't enough niceties to say about these four siblings.  Upon my departure I couldn't help but notice Emma bringing one of her brothers a sandwich out in the greenhouse area.  

Trust me, take me up on this one and go for the ride or pick up the phone.  Even better - check them out on their website. They do take phone orders and ship everywhere.   Mapleville Farm, 544 Victory Highway, Mapleville, RI -  www.maplevillefarm.com  

More along the route:

Purge Party


Tractor Lawn Art


Say, "Cheese!"

Scituate Resevoir: View West

Scituate Resevoir: View East
A beautiful ending to the drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment