Monday, November 18, 2013

I CHOOSE - BEACH RAT, FOREVER!

Saturday, I was in the northwestern part of the state enjoying foliage and pies. As I enjoyed driving through the remote areas with the green pastural farms, ponds and endless roads leading nowhere, I considered my big move inland.  Definitely out of character for me.  Even with the thought of a few acres and a barn in the back with horses mulling around in the pasture, I don't know that I wouldn't feel a bit claustrophobic.  

Call me crazy, but even with all the serenity and beauty of nature I don't think I could definitively say that I could be happy too far from the ocean.  I think I would miss the opportunity to breath in the ocean mist, walk along the beaches and listen to the soothing sounds of the waves meeting me on the shoreline. 

This morning, back to my favorite part of the ocean state, I sat enjoying a soy mocha no whip via harborside with acoustical sound magician, Tom Burgess at Java Madness. Thanks, Tom. It was a pleasure.  


The deck was enclosed with thick plastic canvas to keep the warmth while still being able to enjoy the scenic harbor views.  [FYI, Tom performs each Saturday and Sunday at Java Madness in SK.]

With all of that said, I will consider keeping the current Narragansett house, buying a larger one here, or returning back over the bridges to Newport.  Once in Newport, I will never leave let alone venture back over heading north.

No comments:

Post a Comment