Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WINTER WELCOME

For decades on end my friend from elementary school has always been right there to fill the 'needs' requests for me and many of her circle of friends. If any one of us simply mention, or just think out loud that we/they need something, she immediately gets on the internet and searches for a solution.  Typically, within 10 minutes I/We get the "I FOUND IT" call or email.  

Two months ago was no different.  After many years of complaining how I despise house cleaning and constantly whined about hiring someone to clean my house, even for just 1-2x per month, I began my search to take the plunge.  Normally, my excuse was that I couldn't justify spending the money to do a chore that I am quite capable.  

I am away a great deal of the year and the last thing I want to do when I come home is to spend my weekend cleaning.  With that said, my friend, simultaneously, was searching for a new cleaning person, as well, since her last one did not, let's say, take pride in her work.  Needless to say, upon my serious inquiry as to whom she uses, I received the excited phone call that she found someone new to clean her house. Coincidentally, R lives within 2 miles of my house, but will travel 45 miles to clean my friends' house. My friend's house was the trial clean.

Following the raving reviews, I had my first cleaning day. Upon returning home that Friday night following a hellish week at work, I cannot express the sensation I felt upon entering my spotless house.  I absolutely loved coming home to the smell of 'Fabuloso.'  My new favorite product.

The cleaning woman, R, is now my new best friend.  She not only cleans the house, she feeds the cat...and, most recently, had her fiance snow blow my driveway prior to my coming home after the first storm of the winter season.  I can't thank her enough for taking such fantastic care of me and Lucia, my cat.  My being an extremely independent self sustaining woman, I can't figure out how I survived all of these years without her.

I know she has two daughters.  One comes with her to feed my cat.  I am guessing that the snow blowing of the driveway was a family outing and the girls made me my winter friend. Here is what greeted me upon returning home after the storm.

Welcome Home - Better than the door mat!

That snowman definitely pastes a smile on my face when I come home before entering the house.  How can it  not.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the flutter in my heart and the tear in my eye ! You are the best :) I am so grateful to have met you :) .... not to mention all of the wonderful people who I have been introduced to in the circle ... such a short few months ...this is only the beginning !! Peace and Comfort my friend

    ReplyDelete