Thursday, October 17, 2013

IS IT THROW-BACK THURSDAY OR THROW UP THURSDAY!

This morning Channel 10 news revealed their pictorial choice of Will Smith for their weekly segment of 'Throw-Back Thursday.'  It was a photo of Will shot sometime during his series, "Fresh Prince of Bel Air."  

After searching the photos on my computer I've decided to omit an actual picture of me, but instead, offer a picture of a car that sits in my driveway, to use at my disposal until I can dispose of it.


1992 Volvo
What a beauty, right!!!!  Wrong! Definitely a throw-back!! So much, that I would like to throw it back to the person who sold it to me. Mike. An unnecessary purchase since there is another one in sitting my driveway whom we affectionately call, Sanchez.  He belongs to my daughter. 

The blue Volvo was not technically an impulse purchase, but more of a panic emergency purchase. We needed a second car in the driveway for when my daughters return home from college.  Who needs excess stress from kids arguing over the use of MY car [which, by the way, is now in possession of one of my daughters away at school]. 

To make a long story shorter, after the muffler system was stolen from the blue Volvo, the tow driver indicated to me that there were no cracks in the frame of the other Volvo posing the question as to why Sanchez wasn't repaired. I explained that two collision places told me that it was unrepairable; hence, why I bought the blue Volvo.  He highly suggested I get one more opinion.  With that said, I did. While Sanchez runs beautiful he simply has a small scar.  

Not confused enough?  

A the same time, I had to get the muffler replaced on the blue car.  Which I did. And, not for the $1200 that my regular mechanic quoted me, but for $180 from my secret magical mechanic!  I love you, Pedro!  

I have [3] fully inspected, registered and insured vehicles. One is now away at college with my daughter, Sanchez is my weekend vehicle and the blue Volvo gets me to/from work in Boston until she sells and/or I get a new car.  :)  The blue Volvo is for sale. Or; perhaps, I will give it to some lucky kid or the donation center in MA.




No comments:

Post a Comment