Tuesday, October 15, 2013

COUCH TO 5K

Hmmmm!!  I choose COUCH!  

Althoughhhhhh.... This program came across my plate a few years ago from a friend who repeatedly listened to my belly-aching about getting back into running to lose my paunchy belly. She was so thoughtful, right!  She printed it out, stapled nicely and brought it to me with a tall, soy mocha, no whip, light foam at 162 degrees.  [Yes, I am that high maintenance coffee drinker/orderer.]  Perfect and thoughtful.  Wah! Wah! Wah! 

With that said, I have made the effort 2x since that initial moment.  Both of which were unsuccessful.  The most recent was this past summer.  I did the program for [3] days.  

Whoo Hoo!  

Hoewver, upcoming this Saturday, I am feverously running/walking in a 5K for charity with proceeds specifically for cancer research. In tow, will be my cell phone with the mobile app sustaining the 'couch to 5K' program.  During the 5K the phone may end up in the ocean and me laying flat out on the road from the inability to catch my breath.  I hope the medics will be in close proximity when I fall to the ground and bring oxygen.

Enforcing the program using a charity may not be commendable, but for my purposes, it will get me off the couch and; perhaps, back into my girlish figure in time for a bikini next May [June]. The invitation to the buffet and cocktails following the run at the local area bar and restaurant isn't a bad motive either. [No interest in running - feel free to come to the bar to drink, eat and donate! - Bon Vue, Narragansett, Saturday. Race starts at 1p.m.]

Stay tuned. Perhaps, even a photo!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment