Sunday, January 26, 2014

GLADIATOR IN A SUIT

Lately, I have been binge watching episodic series on 'Netflix.'  The last series I indulged was "SCANDAL."  Yes, I watched every episode in just a few days never leaving the house.  I ate, slept and drank the series.  If anyone called I quickly hung up the phone indicating I was busy and would call them back another time.  

The series is mesmerizing. I can't get enough of the writing skills of Shonda Rimes.  She is awesome! [Grey's Anatomy].  

I want to be a "Gladiator in a Suit."  That's what the employees in the company call themselves; gladiators.  They are 'fixers.'  They pride themselves on fixing everything; all problems. No problems too big or small from murder to finding hostages in 3rd world countries. The show is set in Washington, D.C.  There are [5] lawyers and [1] IT person composing the 'publicity' firm otherwise known as 'fixers.'  They utilize all of their contacts, brains, and skills to fix all facets of problems. Of which, are done, at a price, of course.  Oh, and one important facet of the storyline is that the lead associate in the company is the mistress of the President of the United States. Small detail, I forgot to mention earlier. 

Eventually, you find out the background of all the 'players.'  Somehow, historically, they are connected.  Just finding out their back histories alone is fascinating.  I am not giving up any more information.  Now that I am completely caught up I am anxiously awaiting the start of Season 3-part 2 [8 episodes] which aires February 27th on ABC. 

Here's my recent Netflix binge viewing:

"Scandal" - High ranking
"House of Cards" - Fabulous
"Breaking Bad" - I started with this one although, still waiting for the last season to become available.
"The Wire" - Next for a redo during a blizzard.  Love that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment