Friday, June 6, 2014

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS!

Early a few Sunday's ago I hopped in the car and headed to the Newport [shocking, right-NOT].  With my stomach vehemently growling we made a pit stop in Portsmouth at a local eatery.  
 
With the summer season vastly approaching I think it should be known to local RI's that all should experience the food at Cindy's.  It is absolutely delicious.  If not the best breakfast you have ever had, it's definitely close. 

I devoured a simple spinach, egg, tomato, cheese, broccoli omelet, while my friend inhaled the Portugeuse Benedict with chourico, peppers and onions on grilled sweetbread.  Of course, both dishes came with a side of hash browns.  YUMMY!

The little neighborhood diner has been open for 11 years.  They are open Monday - Saturday 6:30-2p.m. serving lunch from 11-2p.m.  It is now open for dinner Wednesday-Saturday 5-9p.m., BYOB.  I took a peak at the dinner menu.  Rest assured, I will be stopping in with my bottle in tow.  Pull up the menu on cindyscountrycafe.com.

The address is: 1324 W. Main Road, Portsmouth, RI  (SR 114)

Tina [our server left] Cindy, Mercedes

Once you are finished and are so full that you can't move except to squeeze back into your car simply head directly to one of many beautiful beaches along the RI coast and slide into your beach chair for the day until you are digested enough to start again with dinner!

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment