Thursday, August 8, 2013

XANADU

At this point in my life I am trying very hard to figure out what Xanadu would be for me.  Six weeks ago, I knew exactly what Xanadu was - in my head... Little cottage by the beach, eating dinner with someone sitting across or next to me each night, writing a novel or children's book series... in other words, "the simple life."

Then, it was squashed.

Reality set in.  Kids leaving for college, job was cancelled, finances became difficult, enjoying the summer at the beach was now going to be a difficult chore.

Still those same six weeks passed and I am just managing to get through the days.  It's a horrible step backwards in life.  Trying to climb out of the pit is still probably two-three weeks away when I can start another film project. In the meantime, the continuous walks on the beach are what make me momentarily happy.   Take a peek...

Morning
 Evening

No comments:

Post a Comment