Friday, April 24, 2020

FAMILY BECOMES CULINARY ARTISTS DURING QUARANTINE

     As it seems, my family is quite talented in the kitchen.  We are all becoming culinary masters, as many individuals around the world have become, during isolation.  The cooking varies from baking bread to creme brulee.  Breakfast, lunch and dinner are now more than the required staple meals of throwing something together.  It has become a work of art for the 'norm'' and, not for just the master chef's themselves. 
Country Loaf

Most evenings, my two daughters virtually together for wine o'clock and cooking preparations.  They have mastered Limone Pasta, a house specialty at NYC's, L'il Frankies in the LES. The recipe is generously offered by Chef/Owner, Frank Prisinzano, on Instagram. Thank you, Frank! My girls rave about this dish and simply can't get enough of it.  My new favorite pasta is from 'The Chef' aired on Netflix.  Jon Favreau and Roy Choi cook this amazing pasta with garlic, lemon, parsley and parmesan.  I am addicted. It has become my isolation comfort food. It goes well over both linguini and zoodles!  Their recipes are available on Netflix. 


Challah
     My brother, R, has even dabbled with experimentation and made fresh homemade pasta. [Ive heard, but not tasted.]  With the absence of a pasta machine his fettuccine was prepared with manual labor of love. From what I heard, it was fantastic.  And, for the record, he makes the best chicken parmesan on the planet.

     The most fun is baking with my 7-year old nephew.  According to his family, he makes the  challah [bread].  He's in charge of the bread making at home. Last week, he gave me a virtual lesson.  Yes, a lesson.  He was my instructor and taught me how to make challah from start to finish.  He sent me the recipe, we gathered our ingredients; and, then had a virtual bread making class. Needless to say, I made two loaves of braided challah with him and have since made another two loaves. Delicious.  

     I can't wait until the quarantine is lifted so we can all get together and tastes each others kitchen creations.  OR, maybe we will all be going to the gym together if we keep it up at this pace. :)  Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment