Tuesday, August 5, 2014

FOR THE LOVE OF G-D WHERE ARE YOU RITA!

Let's just clarify that I was raised a nice Jewish girl.  However, nowadays, if I even glance at a synagogue as I drive, walk, or run past, it's a miracle.  Without getting too detailed of my faith, beliefs or convictions, I haven't yet figured out what I believe; but, it's not aliens, Jesus as someone to pray to for guidance [although, I do believe he was a real person], the catholic church, at all with the exception of a few good stories just like the old Jewish Testament-fables or feeding Buddha after noon [?].

With that said, I am missing my St. Rita's medal. Yes, this nice Jewish girl wears, holds or carries a St. Rita's medal; if I can find it. She is the finder of lost souls [that's my interpretation and it works for me].  Currently, she is lost. I can't find her and it's driving me insane. Good thing I am back to purging my house. Perhaps, as I toss and rummage through drawers and boxes she will appear offering me instant gratification.

During two years of a painful period in my life I couldn't seem to get out of a psychological 'funk.' I tried everything to make me feel better.  Therapy.  Disaster.  The therapist ended up crying; hence, the end of the therapy.  Exercise. Too thin I was told by my family, but I felt fit.  Running, pilates followed by bike riding. Perfect.  If I could only do that now. Gave it up and gained weight from eating too many Mrs. Fields chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that nowadays I bake and ship to everyone else. Baking and cooking are definite forms of calming therapy for me. 

Finally, I called my Irish Catholic sister-in-law and asked her where to get a St. Rita's medal.  Following her laughing fit, she picked me and took me to a Catholic trinket shop.  Wall to wall religious paraphernalia.  Literally.  I walked to a case on the counter and saw my options.  I bought the least expensive silver medal.  What a beauty.  Believe it or not, wearing this medal around my neck instantly made me feel at ease.  I need her now, but can't find her.  She probably rests with other Jewelry I have hidden for safe keeping and now can't find those pieces, as well.  Dilemma.  

What do I do.  I know!!!  I pray to St. Anthony!  Another G-dsend.  Trust me.  He works.  My friend, E, introduced me to St. Anthony several years ago.  St. Anthony finds lost things.  E swears by the mystery of St. Anthony.  She told me several stories of miracles for her own needs.  Lost diamonds in the snow [2x], keys and other items.  Of course, I have used St. Anthony in the past.  However, I have not been able to get him to help me find St. Rita.  Perhaps, the two saints clash and are unable to work together.  Perhaps, I have to step higher to find a Saint. Who knows, but, I need her now.  Please send her back!

No comments:

Post a Comment