Saturday, March 22, 2014

TRI-FISH SPECIAL

En route from Boston to RI for the weekend I decided upon a last minute late night dinner/drink fest and headed to the Greenwich Bay Oyster Bar on Main Street in East Greenwich.  Probably the best decision of the day/week.

Calling ahead of time while on the drive, I spoke with lovely Shauna, who was kind enough to ensure that I would either have a table or bar seats upon my arrival following my drive in from Boston.  Albeit, reservations are not taken, but at the same time, they were busy and yet, she prepared a table for us. From that point on, I knew the kindness would extend throughout the dining experience.  I couldn't wait to arrive. I opted for dining at the bar; my personal preference. Not to mention, a few friends met me there for cocktails. My first drink was a Raspberry Mojito; an evening drink special listed on the board.
Shauna on the far Left; Andrew the Owner/Chef on the far right with the most respectful and nicest servers in the center.

The scale of the restaurant is small in size with ten or so tables and a beautiful bar complimenting the atmosphere.  Decorations are simple; yet, enough not to distract from the overall warmth and coziness allowing it's customers to enjoy themselves and the food/drink.


Tri-Fish Special
Typically, when ordering, I can never decide between two items on the menu including my first visit at this restaurant.  However, last night was an exception.  After hearing the specials from Christina, without a second thought, nor looking at the menu, I chose the Tri-fish special.  It was amazing.   Salmon, Pan seared Tuna, Swordfish and Prawns over a bed of creamy [not heavy] mushroom risotto.  The fish were cooked to perfection.  The meshing of the flavors melted in my mouth. None of which were overdone, whatsoever. Of course, this followed the 6 raw oysters - Blue Point and Quonset.  Yummy.   

Upon glancing around the room, I noticed other delectable dishes on other tables. From pasta dishes with clams and shrimp, scallop pizza and paella. Everyone had smiles and looked to be thoroughly enjoying their respective meals.

John
On a side note, with March Madness in full swing, we all watched the painful ending of the PC vs NC game on TV mounted above the bar.  Many tears were shed at the end quickly washed away with more alcoholic beverages... At least, for me. 

Next time I will request the corner table in the front window. The restaurant is located at 250 Main Street, East Greenwich, RI.  Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment