Thursday, March 7, 2013

Diamond in the RUFF

If I could figure a way to get to this cafe each morning without having to drive 1 hour and 23 minutes [thank you GPS], I wouldn't miss the experience.  Amelie's french cafe in Charlotte, NC.  



After spending 1 month in Paris not too long ago [to celebrate a milestone birthday] I thought I hit the jackpot with respect to cafes, but this little treasure bypasses all that I experienced cafe-wise.  The croissants are delicious, atmosphere - unbeatable, the 'sipping' hot chocolate is yummy; but, the soups are, by far, exceptional. My favorite is the spinach/asparagus soup.   [To obtain the recipe - www.ameliesfrenchbakery.com]

Of course, I will continue to trapse the globe having cafe 'tastings.'  One never knows when I will find another diamond in the RUFF..... OH, WAIT!!! I did!!! In Morocco, but that is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment